Lip Sync brings fierce competition
Greek Week continued Wednesday night with the Lip Sync competition. This year's Lip Sync theme allowed for each fraternity and sorority to choose a word and perform songs about that word.
The money raised from Lip Sync went to a special philanthropy this year. All of the money raised from admission is going to be donated to Ovarian Cancer Awareness. This will be done in honor of Bethany Scott, who is a member of Alpha Omicron Pi. This philanthropy was very personal for the sororities and fraternities, and each group showed their support for Bethany during their performance.
Sigma Alpha started the competition off with the sorority division. The ladies gave a performance featuring country songs that used the word "red." This included songs like "Redneck Girl," "Red High Heels," and Taylor Swift's latest hit, "Red."
Alpha Delta Pi gave a pageant-themed performance focused around the word "diamonds." This gave them the chance to show their ADPI pride, since diamonds are a symbol of the sorority. They performed to songs like "Diamonds are Forever" and "Shine Bright like a Diamond".
The ladies of Chi Omega took the stage next with a routine centered around candy. In their performance, Willy Wonka took the stage with some exciting dances to songs like "Candy Girl," "Lollipop," and "Candy Shop."
Gamma Kappa Pi followed Chi Omega with a train-themed performance. They showed off their dance moves to songs that included "Love Train," "Locomotion," and "Don't Stop Believing."
Zeta Tau Alpha performed an upbeat routine that featured songs using the word "move." They showed off their dance skills to songs like "Bust a Move," "Moves like Jagger," and "The Way You Move."
Rounding off the sorority division were the ladies of Alpha Omicron Pi. They performed a routine that showcased songs featuring the word "time." They led the audience through their favorite AOPI memories using songs like "Time of my Life," "Turn Back Time," and "Old Time Rock & Roll."
The fraternities also performed, with the brothers of Pi Kappa Alpha starting off the fraternity division with a theme centering around the word "fly." They performed to songs like "Stay Fly" and "I Believe I Can Fly."
Alpha Tau Omega followed with the word "bad." Their routine included songs like "Bad Boys" and "Bad to the Bone." Sigma Chi gave a performance that featured songs with the word "love." Their songs included "What is Love," "Crazy in Love," and "Love Shack."
The performances kept going with the brothers of Sigma Alpha Epsilon. They gave a comedic performance featuring the word "crazy." They showcased their dance moves with songs that included "Get Crazy," "Call Me Maybe," and "Womanizer."
The boys from Kappa Alpha Order performed next with a talk-show theme featuring songs that used the word "heart." Some of their song choices included "My Heart's a Stereo" and "Heartless."
The gentlemen from Alpha Gamma Rho gave the final performance of the night with a routine that featured the word "girl." Their song list included "American Girl," "Suntan City," and "Sorority Girl."
The winners of the fraternity division were the brothers of Sigma Chi, and Sigma Alpha Epsilon took home second place. Alpha Omicron Pi won first place for the sorority division, and Chi Omega was awarded second place.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses