Player Profile: Quentin Sims
Quentin Sims, one of the greatest receivers ever to step foot in Hardy M. Graham Stadium, prepares himself for his journey after UTM.
Sims was born in Tucson, Ariz.; however, he was raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he played at Colerain High School. During his senior season, he took snaps at quarterback, which added versatility to his game.
Sims originally was committed to Buffalo University, but his play at quarterback combined with his running ability quickly drew interest from the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
Sims decided to sign a letter of intent with newly hired coach Paul Johnson and the Yellow Jackets due to his outstanding performance running the option offense.
In his first season, he was redshirted, and then, he only played for two more seasons at Georgia Tech before transferring to UTM.
During his tenure at Georgia Tech, he was molded into a receiver as opposed to an option style quarterback. This offensive change is what prompted Sims to transfer. Not out of spite, but he needed an offense that passed the ball more, as opposed to Georgia Tech's ground and pound offensive scheme.
With the change, he chose UTM in a hurry after hearing the great opportunities he would have with fellow Skyhawk Derek Carr.
Sims's goals for this season reside in statistics. He wants to surpass 1,000 receiving yards and the amount of touchdowns he scored last season, which were 10.
Through six games thus far, Sims already has 545 yards and 4 touchdown receptions. With his current numbers, he is well on his way to breaking his personal goals for this season.
With all the accolades Sims has had in his collegiate career, he plans to attend the NFL combine and stays hopeful for an opportunity to make it in the pros. If he could choose any NFL team, he would play in San Francisco for coach Jim Harbaugh.
Sims has brought great success and leadership to UTM, and it will be great to see him play on Sundays.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor