Player Profile: Quentin Sims
Quentin Sims, one of the greatest receivers ever to step foot in Hardy M. Graham Stadium, prepares himself for his journey after UTM.
Sims was born in Tucson, Ariz.; however, he was raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he played at Colerain High School. During his senior season, he took snaps at quarterback, which added versatility to his game.
Sims originally was committed to Buffalo University, but his play at quarterback combined with his running ability quickly drew interest from the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
Sims decided to sign a letter of intent with newly hired coach Paul Johnson and the Yellow Jackets due to his outstanding performance running the option offense.
In his first season, he was redshirted, and then, he only played for two more seasons at Georgia Tech before transferring to UTM.
During his tenure at Georgia Tech, he was molded into a receiver as opposed to an option style quarterback. This offensive change is what prompted Sims to transfer. Not out of spite, but he needed an offense that passed the ball more, as opposed to Georgia Tech's ground and pound offensive scheme.
With the change, he chose UTM in a hurry after hearing the great opportunities he would have with fellow Skyhawk Derek Carr.
Sims's goals for this season reside in statistics. He wants to surpass 1,000 receiving yards and the amount of touchdowns he scored last season, which were 10.
Through six games thus far, Sims already has 545 yards and 4 touchdown receptions. With his current numbers, he is well on his way to breaking his personal goals for this season.
With all the accolades Sims has had in his collegiate career, he plans to attend the NFL combine and stays hopeful for an opportunity to make it in the pros. If he could choose any NFL team, he would play in San Francisco for coach Jim Harbaugh.
Sims has brought great success and leadership to UTM, and it will be great to see him play on Sundays.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”
- CDA Launches New Digital Copper Learning Center
- Sierra Club Calls on University and College Students to Join the People’s Climate March
- College Students Are Signing Up With An Innovative New Social Network