Player Profile: Quentin Sims
Quentin Sims, one of the greatest receivers ever to step foot in Hardy M. Graham Stadium, prepares himself for his journey after UTM.
Sims was born in Tucson, Ariz.; however, he was raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he played at Colerain High School. During his senior season, he took snaps at quarterback, which added versatility to his game.
Sims originally was committed to Buffalo University, but his play at quarterback combined with his running ability quickly drew interest from the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
Sims decided to sign a letter of intent with newly hired coach Paul Johnson and the Yellow Jackets due to his outstanding performance running the option offense.
In his first season, he was redshirted, and then, he only played for two more seasons at Georgia Tech before transferring to UTM.
During his tenure at Georgia Tech, he was molded into a receiver as opposed to an option style quarterback. This offensive change is what prompted Sims to transfer. Not out of spite, but he needed an offense that passed the ball more, as opposed to Georgia Tech's ground and pound offensive scheme.
With the change, he chose UTM in a hurry after hearing the great opportunities he would have with fellow Skyhawk Derek Carr.
Sims's goals for this season reside in statistics. He wants to surpass 1,000 receiving yards and the amount of touchdowns he scored last season, which were 10.
Through six games thus far, Sims already has 545 yards and 4 touchdown receptions. With his current numbers, he is well on his way to breaking his personal goals for this season.
With all the accolades Sims has had in his collegiate career, he plans to attend the NFL combine and stays hopeful for an opportunity to make it in the pros. If he could choose any NFL team, he would play in San Francisco for coach Jim Harbaugh.
Sims has brought great success and leadership to UTM, and it will be great to see him play on Sundays.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Key Ingredients for a Healthy Heart
- For Love of the Game -- Smokeless Tobacco Still a Part of...
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards