The UTM community pulls together in times of need
On Wednesday, Nov. 28, Greek organizations on the campus of UTM hosted a Chili Benefit and Chinese auction in the Boling University Center Ballroom for Bethany Scott. Scott is a senior education major at UTM and a member of Alpha Omicron Pi. Scott was recently diagnosed with stage three Ovarian Cancer and has received two rounds of chemo and is currently receiving her third treatment at Methodist Le Bonheur Hospital in Germantown, Tenn.
The UTM Community has been known to help anyone during a time of need and the chili benefit proved that statement to be true. Students, professors, alumni, and staff of UTM attended the benefit and donated to help a student in need. It is amazing that a college community pulled together for someone that they may not even know. This event has shown that UTM is a wonderful and giving campus. Alumni and staff of UTM also sponsored a tailgate benefit for Scott, where they raised approximately $1,200.
The chili benefit and Chinese auction raised over $2,500 to help Scott fight her battle against Ovarian Cancer. The money raised for Scott during all events will help her pay for chemotherapy treatments, hospital stays, doctor visits, gasoline, food, and other expenses she may have while receiving treatment.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...