The UTM community pulls together in times of need
On Wednesday, Nov. 28, Greek organizations on the campus of UTM hosted a Chili Benefit and Chinese auction in the Boling University Center Ballroom for Bethany Scott. Scott is a senior education major at UTM and a member of Alpha Omicron Pi. Scott was recently diagnosed with stage three Ovarian Cancer and has received two rounds of chemo and is currently receiving her third treatment at Methodist Le Bonheur Hospital in Germantown, Tenn.
The UTM Community has been known to help anyone during a time of need and the chili benefit proved that statement to be true. Students, professors, alumni, and staff of UTM attended the benefit and donated to help a student in need. It is amazing that a college community pulled together for someone that they may not even know. This event has shown that UTM is a wonderful and giving campus. Alumni and staff of UTM also sponsored a tailgate benefit for Scott, where they raised approximately $1,200.
The chili benefit and Chinese auction raised over $2,500 to help Scott fight her battle against Ovarian Cancer. The money raised for Scott during all events will help her pay for chemotherapy treatments, hospital stays, doctor visits, gasoline, food, and other expenses she may have while receiving treatment.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids