The UTM community pulls together in times of need
On Wednesday, Nov. 28, Greek organizations on the campus of UTM hosted a Chili Benefit and Chinese auction in the Boling University Center Ballroom for Bethany Scott. Scott is a senior education major at UTM and a member of Alpha Omicron Pi. Scott was recently diagnosed with stage three Ovarian Cancer and has received two rounds of chemo and is currently receiving her third treatment at Methodist Le Bonheur Hospital in Germantown, Tenn.
The UTM Community has been known to help anyone during a time of need and the chili benefit proved that statement to be true. Students, professors, alumni, and staff of UTM attended the benefit and donated to help a student in need. It is amazing that a college community pulled together for someone that they may not even know. This event has shown that UTM is a wonderful and giving campus. Alumni and staff of UTM also sponsored a tailgate benefit for Scott, where they raised approximately $1,200.
The chili benefit and Chinese auction raised over $2,500 to help Scott fight her battle against Ovarian Cancer. The money raised for Scott during all events will help her pay for chemotherapy treatments, hospital stays, doctor visits, gasoline, food, and other expenses she may have while receiving treatment.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections