Cool summer jobs for students
As the weather gets warmer, students are beginning to make plans on how to spend their summer vacation.
The plans range from extra classes to expensive vacations, but some will be headed to work. When working is the only option, creativity is key. Students can multitask by incorporating play into their work with certain summer jobs.
Walt Disney World is one of the several places where fun and work are allowed to coexist. According to www. c o o l s u m m e r j o b s . com, employees of The Walt Disney Company are part of an amazing team that makes a positive impact on lives around the globe. Whether they provide support, facilitate a business operation, interact with a guest directly or create innovative involvements, their work helps them achieve the incredible experience that has come to be known as the "Disney Experience."
The Walt Disney Company is known for its compelling entertainment experiences. From revolutionizing the way people connect with sports to creating new realities in interactive experiences, they are dedicated to immersing their guests, audiences and consumers in never-before-seen ways. For more information, take a look at www.disneycareers.com.
Google is another company that mixes work and play for the summer. There is an opportunity to explore parts of the world by becoming a Google Maps Bike Photographer. According to www.coolsummerjobs. com, Google has hired two young men to tour France on tricycles this coming summer. The men will be responsible for photographing the roads and paths that cars cannot get to.
Each three-wheeler will be equipped with a long pole holding nine cameras, a GPS system, a computer and a generator. The riders, wearing Google t-shirts and white helmets pull all that gear around the French capital to add three-dimensional images to Google's Street View Maps. Similarly, Google has also mapped the paths on and around college campuses and is doing so with a tricycle equipped with the same sophisticated camera technology.
For those who are interested in music and don't mind bearing a heavy load, a roadie gig may be just the job. A roadie is a person who accompanies a band on tour and is responsible for setting up and tearing down the stage at each venue.
Roadies do carry the band gear and equipment and may be responsible for everything from setting up the lighting to restringing instruments. Some roadie jobs are very technical, while others fall more into the category of manual labor.
A little research goes a long way when it comes to finding a fitting summer job, and there's something out there for everyone. For other summer job opportunities, visit www. coolsummerjobs.com, www. usajobs.gov and jobs.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections