Racers outrace Skyhawks
The Skyhawks Women's basketball team fell to Murray State Saturday afternoon 82-72.
At the beginning of the game, the Skyhawks looked as if it would be a normal game for them. They have a rocky start but then pick it up and really get the ball rolling that never happened. Murray State simply outplayed UTM.
"I thought Murray State played with a lot of passion and a lot of heart and effort. They were trying to defend things and get stuff. And I thought you saw us going through the motions, which is basically how we have been," said head coach Kevin McMillan.
The heart fans usually see when the women play just wasn't there. Even so, the women attempted to make a comeback in the second half. The try for was naught, ending the game with the score 82-72.
Jasmine Newsome came away from the game as the leading scorer with 31 points, eight rebounds and three steals. Heather Butler was the runner up with 21 points, six rebounds and three steals.
The Skyhawks Women's basketball team will be in action again against Monday at 5:30 p.m. in the Elam Center. To follow the game, follow The Pacer on Facebook and Twitter, @thepacer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care