Louisville triumphs over UTM
The Skyhawk Women's basketball team lost to the Louisville Cardinals Monday night 79-61.
The Skyhawks struggled the entire game to find their flow. They were beat under the rim every time for rebounds. Whenever they got the ball, they were as aggressive as they could be without fouling out. Louisville played like they wanted to win.
"In the glass or in the trenches, they get a foul because they checked us out into next week because they want a rebound. We're not going to do that. We're too sweet, nice," said Coach McMillan.
At the end of the first half, the Cardinals led 41-22. The Skyhawks came back with a vengeance, making it an 11-point game with 4:56 left to play.
The momentum the Skyhawks had built up suddenly stopped. Louisville took shot after shot and by the end of the game the Cardinals were leading by eighteen points.
Skyhawk junior guards Heather Butler and Jasmine Newsome scored 17 and 14 points respectfully. Butler nailed a three pointer and had 4 assists, 1 block and 1 steal. Newsome had 5 assists, 1 block and 4 steals. Junior Megan White and freshman Katie Schubert hit four three pointers combined.
The next home matchup for the Skyhawks will be Dec. 1 against Central Arkansas in the Elam Center. Tip off is set for 4 p.m.
To keep up with the games, follow The Pacer on Facebook and Twitter, @thepacer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit