Womanless Beauty Revue entertains for a ninth year
The 9th Annual Miss Understood opened with the normal big hair and hairy legs and ended with a victory from Sigma Alpha Epsilon's contestant Rob Underwood, aka Dirty Snickers. Dirty Snickers also received the Miss Congeniality as well as the talent award. He was one of three contestants that were entered by Sigma Alpha Epsilon. They were also able to snatch second with Huston Taylor, aka Anna Conda , while third was taking by Alpha Gamma Rho's Thomas Fawcett, aka Star Fawcett.
Things never seen before in the nine years the review has been conducted were seen at the event this year.
"The contestants are getting so good, it's scary because some are hard to tell," said Dr. Jeff Hoyer.
David Belote and Karoline Pershell were the hosts this year, this being the ninth consecutive year for Mr. Belote to host. This was Dr. Pershell's first year to be involved.
"I felt that I should restrain myself from making too many comments because I thought the contestants spoke for themselves," said Pershell.
As the evening went on the talent portion started and we again saw some things that had never been seen before. To kick off the talent show was Sandy Sweet Cheeks, aka Matt masengill and sponsored by UTM Housing, with a short unicycle ride.
Afterwards it was Gale Record, aka Dale Records sponsored by AGR, showing us how to duck call. Tessia Curriz, aka Ben Wright sponsored by IEEE, gave us another first, according to Dr. Hoyer, with his screaming talent.
CC LaRye, aka Jordan Sims and sponsor not named, and Ivania Toucherhines, aka Alex Hansen and sponsored by Women In Communication, both entertained with their versions of dance. While Dirty Snickers and Lola Star, aka John Yokley whom won people's choice, both did a ribbon dance. Anna Conda was the last to go on with his guitar solo.
PRSSA raised $160. The proceeds were split between PRSSA and St. John's, what used to be known as Community Developmental Services in Martin. It wasn't quite as big as last year's event but it was still a great show. The guys did a good job and changed it up a bit from last year. They really showed their feminine side.
By the end many were ready to take off their high heels and get the glitter off and welcome to the wonderful world of women, guys.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge