Greek groups participate in annual Line Dance
Continuing the Greek Week festivities, Tuesday night's Line Dance brought tough competition with themed dances featuring cowboys, firemen, rockers and jailbirds.
In the fraternity division, Sigma Chi took first place with their tribal performance, which included the capture of one of the dancers dressed as an explorer. Kappa Alpha took second place with a more traditional cowboy line dance. Kappa Alpha added a little twist with one of them acting drunk while the other held a fake ID.
With all the different performances given that day, the competition was fierce with many differing opinions on who should have won.
"AGR was my favorite. They were the best," sophomore Psychology major Jasmine Winbush said.
In the Sorority Division, Chi Omega took first place with their performance of Christina Aguilera's "Candyman." The performance included props and had several members of the audience singing along. Zeta Tau Alpha took second place with their performance of Michael Jackson's" Beat It."
Many people, while watching the performances, forget the work that goes into it.
"We all put in an insane amount of work. We had to sew 10 dresses, come up with a routine and learn it in order to be performance ready. In the beginning of the semester, we focused more on the dance, therefore each of us had to become superheroes in order to sew the dresses on time. Line dance takes so much work and dedication. It is so difficult to stick with it, but the end result made it so worth it!" Sigma Alpha member Danielle Stanger said.
No matter who won or lost, all the Greeks put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears in order to show their pride and school spirit. This not only benefited the Greek line dancers, but it brought together the UTM student body, eliciting much applause and cheering.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections