Greek groups participate in annual Line Dance
Continuing the Greek Week festivities, Tuesday night's Line Dance brought tough competition with themed dances featuring cowboys, firemen, rockers and jailbirds.
In the fraternity division, Sigma Chi took first place with their tribal performance, which included the capture of one of the dancers dressed as an explorer. Kappa Alpha took second place with a more traditional cowboy line dance. Kappa Alpha added a little twist with one of them acting drunk while the other held a fake ID.
With all the different performances given that day, the competition was fierce with many differing opinions on who should have won.
"AGR was my favorite. They were the best," sophomore Psychology major Jasmine Winbush said.
In the Sorority Division, Chi Omega took first place with their performance of Christina Aguilera's "Candyman." The performance included props and had several members of the audience singing along. Zeta Tau Alpha took second place with their performance of Michael Jackson's" Beat It."
Many people, while watching the performances, forget the work that goes into it.
"We all put in an insane amount of work. We had to sew 10 dresses, come up with a routine and learn it in order to be performance ready. In the beginning of the semester, we focused more on the dance, therefore each of us had to become superheroes in order to sew the dresses on time. Line dance takes so much work and dedication. It is so difficult to stick with it, but the end result made it so worth it!" Sigma Alpha member Danielle Stanger said.
No matter who won or lost, all the Greeks put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears in order to show their pride and school spirit. This not only benefited the Greek line dancers, but it brought together the UTM student body, eliciting much applause and cheering.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!