Phi Mu Alpha to host 52nd All-Sing April 4
Music fraternity Phi Mu Alpha plans to host their 52nd All-Sing on Apr. 4 at 7 p.m. at Central Baptist Church.
Although Phi Mu Alpha has hosted All-Sing for 51 years now, the Student Activities Council began it shortly before Phi Mu Alpha took it over.
It gives organizations the opportunity to compete in a singing and dancing show that goes along with a theme. This year's theme is "Songs of the 90's When We Were Young," with professional women's music fraternity Sigma Alpha Iota opening the show and Chi Omega, Zeta Tau Alpha, Alpha Omicron Pi and the brothers of Alpha Gamma Rho competing.
"[For the theme], we figured the title left room for any take on the 90s that the groups could think of to use. We hoped for many emotions to be a part of each performance," said this year's All-Sing coordinator, junior Music major and Phi Mu Alpha member Michael Richardson.
Because All-Sing has been at UTM for over 50 years, many see it as a way to connect with UTM's history and connect with those in their group.
"All-Sing is important, because it is a tradition at UTM going back a long time. When I meet alumni from my sorority, it's always fun to talk about what they did and what we are doing now. All-Sing was a wonderful opportunity for me to get to know the girls in my sorority better. It helped me forge friendships and make great memories to last a lifetime. I can still do our routines from memory," said senior Communications major and member of Chi Omega Natalie Medling.
Richardson, said that this year is sure to bring exciting ideas, and he looks forward to seeing it all put together.
"I look forward to all the exciting ideas from all the groups being out into performance. I hope the competition is fun and fulfilling to everyone," Richardson said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!