Phi Mu Alpha to host 52nd All-Sing April 4
Music fraternity Phi Mu Alpha plans to host their 52nd All-Sing on Apr. 4 at 7 p.m. at Central Baptist Church.
Although Phi Mu Alpha has hosted All-Sing for 51 years now, the Student Activities Council began it shortly before Phi Mu Alpha took it over.
It gives organizations the opportunity to compete in a singing and dancing show that goes along with a theme. This year's theme is "Songs of the 90's When We Were Young," with professional women's music fraternity Sigma Alpha Iota opening the show and Chi Omega, Zeta Tau Alpha, Alpha Omicron Pi and the brothers of Alpha Gamma Rho competing.
"[For the theme], we figured the title left room for any take on the 90s that the groups could think of to use. We hoped for many emotions to be a part of each performance," said this year's All-Sing coordinator, junior Music major and Phi Mu Alpha member Michael Richardson.
Because All-Sing has been at UTM for over 50 years, many see it as a way to connect with UTM's history and connect with those in their group.
"All-Sing is important, because it is a tradition at UTM going back a long time. When I meet alumni from my sorority, it's always fun to talk about what they did and what we are doing now. All-Sing was a wonderful opportunity for me to get to know the girls in my sorority better. It helped me forge friendships and make great memories to last a lifetime. I can still do our routines from memory," said senior Communications major and member of Chi Omega Natalie Medling.
Richardson, said that this year is sure to bring exciting ideas, and he looks forward to seeing it all put together.
"I look forward to all the exciting ideas from all the groups being out into performance. I hope the competition is fun and fulfilling to everyone," Richardson said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections