Editorial: help us help you
The staff of The Pacer would like everyone to know that we work extremely hard to give you a quality product week in and week out.
Some weeks we do not leave our office until well past 10 at night on Monday just so that we ensure you are all getting what you deserve in the way of news around campus and the surrounding community.
We are not trying to pat ourselves on the back by saying this, nor are we asking that you congratulate us or bake us a fresh batch of cookies.
Actually, we just want you to know that we are aware we do not always get it right.
That's why we encourage our readership to send in letters to the editor to tell us what we aren't doing well enough. We want you to bring it to our attention if we are not performing up to your expectations. In fact, we love it when that happens because, honestly, we're always looking for ways to improve.
But that doesn't mean we want a 50-word e-mail telling us about how mad you are about the parking ticket you got in the lot across the street from Admissions. We will not print your 200-word column about how your afternoon nap always gets interrupted by the grounds crew mowing grass outside your dorm window. You will not get space in our pages to complain about how you can never find a seat in the Food Court and you have to eat your chicken sandwich outside on a bench.
We truly do want your letters, but only if you've put enough time, thought and energy into them to make them worth printing. We need your feedback, and we need you to write about issues that affect you and your peers.
Like we said, we work very hard making your newspaper the best it can be, and we would love to have you help us in that regard.
We just simply cannot abide allowing you to do the opposite.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World