Editorial: help us help you
The staff of The Pacer would like everyone to know that we work extremely hard to give you a quality product week in and week out.
Some weeks we do not leave our office until well past 10 at night on Monday just so that we ensure you are all getting what you deserve in the way of news around campus and the surrounding community.
We are not trying to pat ourselves on the back by saying this, nor are we asking that you congratulate us or bake us a fresh batch of cookies.
Actually, we just want you to know that we are aware we do not always get it right.
That's why we encourage our readership to send in letters to the editor to tell us what we aren't doing well enough. We want you to bring it to our attention if we are not performing up to your expectations. In fact, we love it when that happens because, honestly, we're always looking for ways to improve.
But that doesn't mean we want a 50-word e-mail telling us about how mad you are about the parking ticket you got in the lot across the street from Admissions. We will not print your 200-word column about how your afternoon nap always gets interrupted by the grounds crew mowing grass outside your dorm window. You will not get space in our pages to complain about how you can never find a seat in the Food Court and you have to eat your chicken sandwich outside on a bench.
We truly do want your letters, but only if you've put enough time, thought and energy into them to make them worth printing. We need your feedback, and we need you to write about issues that affect you and your peers.
Like we said, we work very hard making your newspaper the best it can be, and we would love to have you help us in that regard.
We just simply cannot abide allowing you to do the opposite.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Not Seeing a Chiropractor Could Cost You
- Steampunk Steamrolls Into Living Rooms Nationwide
- Modern-Day Party Do's and Don'ts
- Taking Care of Your Child's Eyes in Today's Digitally...
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
- Millennials Cited for Rise in ETF Popularity
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS