Editorial: help us help you
The staff of The Pacer would like everyone to know that we work extremely hard to give you a quality product week in and week out.
Some weeks we do not leave our office until well past 10 at night on Monday just so that we ensure you are all getting what you deserve in the way of news around campus and the surrounding community.
We are not trying to pat ourselves on the back by saying this, nor are we asking that you congratulate us or bake us a fresh batch of cookies.
Actually, we just want you to know that we are aware we do not always get it right.
That's why we encourage our readership to send in letters to the editor to tell us what we aren't doing well enough. We want you to bring it to our attention if we are not performing up to your expectations. In fact, we love it when that happens because, honestly, we're always looking for ways to improve.
But that doesn't mean we want a 50-word e-mail telling us about how mad you are about the parking ticket you got in the lot across the street from Admissions. We will not print your 200-word column about how your afternoon nap always gets interrupted by the grounds crew mowing grass outside your dorm window. You will not get space in our pages to complain about how you can never find a seat in the Food Court and you have to eat your chicken sandwich outside on a bench.
We truly do want your letters, but only if you've put enough time, thought and energy into them to make them worth printing. We need your feedback, and we need you to write about issues that affect you and your peers.
Like we said, we work very hard making your newspaper the best it can be, and we would love to have you help us in that regard.
We just simply cannot abide allowing you to do the opposite.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!