Sigma Alpha Iota to host Amateur Musicale fundraiser
On Thursday, April 25, at 7:30 p.m., music fraternity Sigma Alpha Iota will host its Amateur Musicale at First United Methodist Church, where musicians will perform pieces such as Macklemore's "Thrift Shop," Phantom of the Opera's "Music of the Night" and Bruno Mars' "When I Was Your Man."
Costing $5, the event serves as a fundraiser for the Epsilon Iota chapter, along with a fundraiser for the philanthropies sector of Sigma Alpha Iota.
"Amateur Musicale is our biggest fundraiser in the spring and really helps our chapter out," Sigma Alpha Iota Secretary Laura Miller said.
The members enjoy being a part of Amateur Musicale each year, because it gives them a chance to relax, performing fun pieces.
"I always love performing in Amateur Musicale, because it is a fun outlet for my end-of-the-semester stress, and a great way to just cut loose with my sisters," Sigma Alpha Iota member Carley Cherry said.
"The money goes to a great cause, and we get to have fun making fools out of ourselves on stage."
Not only does it offer the members of the fraternity entertainment, but it also provides entertainment for audience members.
"The girls perform energizing and fun music. This gives those who come the opportunity to really connect with the music and relax. Students should come as a way to relieve some of the stress of the end of the semester and finals," Miller said.
For more information on Amateur Musicale or any of the other activities Sigma Alpha Iota has planned for the next semester, contact president Alissa Plewa.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel