@UTMProblemz an outlet for disgruntled students
If you have a Twitter, you have more than likely seen people send tweets to @UTMProblemz or hashtag the account.
@UTMProblemz is a page dedicated to the "problems" of UTM. Anything from almost getting run over in a crosswalk to pictures of a vehicle that is ready for the zombie apocalypse have been sent to this Twitter account. People seem to be using this account as a way of venting their feelings of disdain for different things around campus, and as a way to connect with other students who feel the same way.
"It is interesting to see what other students on UTM's campus see as problems and what they will actually put on Twitter. Most of the time it is other people tagging @UTMProblemz on Twitter. It's also nice to know who agrees on some of the problems that I think are problems," said senior Education major Alisha Tolley.
The people who have administration privileges on the account did not want their name shared in the article; however, they were willing to talk to The Pacer about the Twitter account.
There are four people who run the account, and they are from various groups around campus. One said the group is "very diverse" from the areas on campus that the administrators are active in. This group of individuals took over the account this semester after the previous owners graduated or left the UTM campus.
"We took it over for the fun of it and to have something to do," said one of the account administrators.
While the current administrators do not know what the original cause of starting the Twitter account was, they say they "believe it was started because it is funny and we can all relate to things that students complain about on the site."
Even though the @UTMProblemz Twitter page has been around for a while, since this group took over this semester, the page has gained more than 300 new followers, and continues to grow daily.
Among followers of the account are current students of UTM, alumni and other UTM groups, as well as Dr. Joe DiPietro, president of the UT System. The administrators think it is pretty interesting and neat that DiPietro follows the @UTMProblemz account.
Whether looking to find people who agree with your UTM problems, or just looking for a good laugh at problems on campus, you can always get on Twitter and follow @UTMProblemz to find just what you are searching for.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Oleg Frish's Dream Comes True With New Duets Album
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Knowledge Gaps in Vaccination Against Meningococcal Disease
- Five Easy Steps to Own Holiday Shopping on a Budget
- CSUN Secular Student Alliance holds their first meeting
- Application Deadline Near for $100,000 Excellence in Innovation Award
- Voto Latino to Host Event on Climate Change Challenges & Opportunities