Faculty Profile: Karmosky joins CAAS staff in state's only Meteorology program
Yet another bragging right for UTM is that it happens to be the only university in the state of Tennessee offering a meteorology program.
For this very reason, Christopher Karmosky joined UTM as a new faculty member this year.
Karmosky has a Bachelor of Arts in Geology and Geography from Colgate University, a Masters of Science in Geography from the University of Delaware, and a Ph.D. in Geography from Penn State University. He joins the College of Agriculture and Applied Science staff. He will be teaching Severe Weather, Intro to Remote Sensing and several other topics. Karmosky is also studying snow and ice melts on the ice sheets of Antarctica and Greenland, as well as snowfall in the northeastern United States.
He chose UTM because it is a student-centered university that puts a high priority on teaching.
"This is the only school in the state of Tennessee with a Meteorology program, and I am excited about the opportunity to be a part of it," Karmosky said. "Really, the students are my favorite part. The meteorology students are inquisitive, eager and good-hearted. I am impressed at how polite many of my students are."
While on staff at UTM, Karmosky hopes to instill a sense of respect and wonder about Earth's processes. He also hopes to be able to facilitate critical thought on the issue of climate change.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care