Faculty Profile: Karmosky joins CAAS staff in state's only Meteorology program
Yet another bragging right for UTM is that it happens to be the only university in the state of Tennessee offering a meteorology program.
For this very reason, Christopher Karmosky joined UTM as a new faculty member this year.
Karmosky has a Bachelor of Arts in Geology and Geography from Colgate University, a Masters of Science in Geography from the University of Delaware, and a Ph.D. in Geography from Penn State University. He joins the College of Agriculture and Applied Science staff. He will be teaching Severe Weather, Intro to Remote Sensing and several other topics. Karmosky is also studying snow and ice melts on the ice sheets of Antarctica and Greenland, as well as snowfall in the northeastern United States.
He chose UTM because it is a student-centered university that puts a high priority on teaching.
"This is the only school in the state of Tennessee with a Meteorology program, and I am excited about the opportunity to be a part of it," Karmosky said. "Really, the students are my favorite part. The meteorology students are inquisitive, eager and good-hearted. I am impressed at how polite many of my students are."
While on staff at UTM, Karmosky hopes to instill a sense of respect and wonder about Earth's processes. He also hopes to be able to facilitate critical thought on the issue of climate change.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!