Jordan Gunn receives new Miss UTM title
Jordan Gunn was recently named Miss UTM 2013 after former queen, Kristen Lackey, resigned last week.
Gunn received first runner-up in the Miss University of Tennessee at Martin pageant that took place on Jan. 26. As next in line for the crown, Gunn will obtain the title and the responsibility of Miss UTM.
Miss UTM was the first large pageant that Gunn competed in.
"Being in pageants is something that I have always wanted to do, and when the opportunity came up in Martin, I decided to take the chance," Gunn said.
Gunn, a Dyersburg native, is a senior meteorology major who is currently interning with the National Weather Service. Her scholastic honors include the Dean's List and President's List.
Gunn is a proud UTM student who strives to stay active on campus. She is a member of Phi Eta Sigma, along with Sigma Gamma Epsilon. She is a member of the UTM Alumni Council, the American Meteorological Society and has served as a PEP leader.
Gunn says she is proud to represent UTM.
"Representing a school that has given me so much more than a great education is only a small way that I can give back to UTM," Gunn said.
She is a sister of Alpha Omicron Pi, and has held many leadership positions for the sorority. Gunn has also served as the Judicial Vice President in the National Panhellenic Council.
"We are so excited to watch Jordan represent UTM in Miss Tennessee. She is a perfect representation of our chapter, and we could not be more proud to call her our sister," AOII president Bekah Payne said.
Gunn will represent UTM June 19-22 at the Miss Tennessee pageant at the Carl Perkins Center in Jackson, Tenn.
"Preparation for Miss Tennessee started the day I was named Miss UTM. So far, it has been fun and will be tons of work, but I am ready for this awesome opportunity," Gunn said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Know Which Plumbing Projects Need a Pro
- Light Up Your Landscaping Like a Pro
- Manage Emergency Plumbing Leaks With Ease
- How to Protect Pets From Fleas and Ticks
- Key Ingredients for a Healthy Heart
- Spring Cleaning Made Easy to Help Tackle Inanimate Allergens
- For Love of the Game -- Smokeless Tobacco Still a Part of...
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards