Skyhawks triumph over the Cougars
The UTM Skyhawks pulled out a huge victory Saturday, Oct. 27, in Skyhawk Fieldhouse against Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville Cougars.
The Skyhawks, who wore pink socks and headbands in honor of "Volley for the Cure", started out strong and won the first two sets. They dropped the next two games, but battled back and won the fifth and deciding game, leaving the Skyhawks with a 3-2 victory.
Amanda Crask, who had 15 kills and 16 digs, led the Skyhawks in their victory. The Skyhawks had a team attack percentage of .235 compared to the SIU at Edwardsville .199 percentage. They had 82 digs and 64 assists for the team total.
This win improves the Skyhawks record to 6-6 in conference play and 10-16 overall for the season. The Skyhawks are ranked third in the Western Division in the Ohio Valley Conference.
Up next for the Skyhawks is Austin Peay on Nov. 2. Austin Peay is currently second in the Western Division with a 7-5 record. If the Skyhawks steal the victory in Clarksville, they would be in a tie for second place in the West.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...
- Champagne Diamonds Make Fashion Transitions Pop This Fall
- A Tip About Secondhand Smoke and Asthma
- Save Energy and Money With Home Lighting Techniques