Skyhawks fall to Gamecocks
The Skyhawks fell, 3-2, against the Jacksonville State Gamecocks Saturday, November 10, 2012 in the Skyhawk Fieldhouse.
The first set went to the Skyhawks with score of 25-20. In the second and third sets, the Gamecocks pulled ahead early and the Skyhawks struggled to keep up, both sets were 25-14. The forth set had some excitement for the Skyhawks. The team fought hard and won the set 29-27.
With the game tied 2-2, they went into the fifth and final set. Things looked good for the Skyhawks, who looked strong. However, the Skyhawks suffered with a server out of rotation call. The momentum of the game switched out of the Skyhawks favor. The set ended with a score of 15-7.
Saturday's game was the last of regular season play for the Skyhawks and the last conference game. The Skyhawks finished the regular season with a 6-10 conference record and 10-20 overall record. Even with this loss, the Skyhawks qualify for the OVC Tournament being held Nov. 15-17 at Morehead State.
The first tournament match for the eight seed Skyhawks will be on Thursday, Nov. 15. They will play top seed Morehead State at Wetherby Gym. Game time is set for 7 p.m. and will be televised on the OVC Digital Network.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...