Skyhawks Volleyball thinks pink against Eastern Illinois
The Skyhawks pinked out and rocked out with a 3-1 win against the Eastern Illinois Panthers. Before the game began, a special accomplishment was recognized that occurred on Oct. 20, 2012, when senior Kasey Elswick became the Ohio Valley Conference's all-time digs leader, scooping up her 2,458 career dig in the match at Morehead state. She currently leads the OVC with 495 digs and ranks ninth in the nation in that category according to the announcer.
Also in honor of Pink Out Day, free food and drinks were offered to the fans for the entire game. During warm up, the Skyhawks showed their support for breast cancer month by wearing their Pink Out shirts and changed just before the game started. Once the game was under way, we had a blow out when we won the first two sets, with scores of 22-25 for both sets.
During half time there was a costume contest, with three contestants: a monkey man, Reno 911 and a man dressed as a woman. No names were given, but the crowd was asked to cheer for their favorite. In the end, the monkey man stole first by a land slide and Reno 911 came in second. Both received a gift card to Brandy's.
Though only three guys were in the contest, many of the fans dressed up for Halloween and many more dressed for Pink Out Day. Once the third set began, it was quite a fight. Even one of the coaches got into the spirit. Panther's Head Coach Kate Price was yellow carded after arguing with the referees on a call. The Referee didn't change the call, but the Panthers were still able to win the third set with a score of 25-20.
On the last set, the Skyhawks got back into their groove and won with a score of 22-25. The Skyhawks did a great job and with the last push, #12 Taylor Simons gave us our final point. This game gave us an OVC Team Record of 5-6. The Assistant Coach was overheard saying after the game "maybe we should wear pink every time."
The next game will be Nov. 2, 2012, at Austin Peay, and you just might see some pink Skyhawks.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!