Skyhawks Volleyball thinks pink against Eastern Illinois
The Skyhawks pinked out and rocked out with a 3-1 win against the Eastern Illinois Panthers. Before the game began, a special accomplishment was recognized that occurred on Oct. 20, 2012, when senior Kasey Elswick became the Ohio Valley Conference's all-time digs leader, scooping up her 2,458 career dig in the match at Morehead state. She currently leads the OVC with 495 digs and ranks ninth in the nation in that category according to the announcer.
Also in honor of Pink Out Day, free food and drinks were offered to the fans for the entire game. During warm up, the Skyhawks showed their support for breast cancer month by wearing their Pink Out shirts and changed just before the game started. Once the game was under way, we had a blow out when we won the first two sets, with scores of 22-25 for both sets.
During half time there was a costume contest, with three contestants: a monkey man, Reno 911 and a man dressed as a woman. No names were given, but the crowd was asked to cheer for their favorite. In the end, the monkey man stole first by a land slide and Reno 911 came in second. Both received a gift card to Brandy's.
Though only three guys were in the contest, many of the fans dressed up for Halloween and many more dressed for Pink Out Day. Once the third set began, it was quite a fight. Even one of the coaches got into the spirit. Panther's Head Coach Kate Price was yellow carded after arguing with the referees on a call. The Referee didn't change the call, but the Panthers were still able to win the third set with a score of 25-20.
On the last set, the Skyhawks got back into their groove and won with a score of 22-25. The Skyhawks did a great job and with the last push, #12 Taylor Simons gave us our final point. This game gave us an OVC Team Record of 5-6. The Assistant Coach was overheard saying after the game "maybe we should wear pink every time."
The next game will be Nov. 2, 2012, at Austin Peay, and you just might see some pink Skyhawks.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
- The Eyes Have It -- New Corrective Lens Marks Vision...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards