Assistant Professor to speak at UTM Women's Center
UTM Women's Center is honored to have Lori Littleton speak at their next Women Speaker Series on February 12, 2013.
Lori Littleton is an Assistant Professor of Nutrition and Food Systems Management in the Family and Consumer Sciences department. She also serves as the Director of the graduate level Dietetic Internship Program.
Littleton will be speaking about a diverse range of eating disorders and the harmful affects that they have on individuals who suffer from them. She will also be addressing the issue of the number of college students who suffer in silence from eating disorders and the warning signs that friends and family members might look for when concerned for loved ones.
"Eating disorders are very serious. Sometimes the person with an eating disorder may sit next to you in class and yet you have no idea that they are a sufferer." Littleton said. "It is not a condition that is usually 'talked about' in general conversation. If allowed to go untreated, the disease can be fatal."
"I think the discussion of eating disorders is very important on a college campus. I hope that those interested in the issue will come to hear Lori Littleton speak on the matter in order to receive vital information" said Dr. Collard, Assistant Professor of Communications and Director of UT Martin Women's Center.
The speech will take place in room 343 of Gooch Hall on February 12, 2013 at 12:15 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care