As you may have noticed, to the left of this column is a senior farewell written by one of our seniors on The Pacer staff. You'll be seeing more of these as the semester goes by.
It occurred to me sometime in November or December that senior farewells would give The Pacer staff the space and freedom to say their final thoughts as they near graduation.
That's basically what we'll be doing on this page. All senior farewells will be labeled as a senior farewell, so you know what they are.
Now I realize that some of the other seniors who are not on staff may want to say their goodbyes. Well, send them to me and at the very least, perhaps we can put them online, given we have the space and time, and I give my approval to run it.
Other than Kalsey, there will be a farewell from some of our other seniors as well. And no need to worry, I'll be writing one, too, which I'm sure you all will be eagerly anticipating.
Even if you've never read anything else on this page in your life, please read these. It doesn't happen very often in life that you have an opportunity to announce your thoughts or ideas to the
world at large. (Or, at least, where a large section of people are likely to read it.)
I'm hoping that these guys will say something important, that they'll say what's in their hearts and souls.
I want readers to get a glimpse of their personality, a small taste of their brilliance. They really are brilliant, beautiful people, and I want other UTM students to know that, too.
I'm also hoping that they'll take the opportunity to share good things with the world. Yes, that's corny, but it's still true.
All this seems (at least to me) like an important thing to do. It's important to state what you find important, that way you, as well as everyone else, know what you value.
Hopefully all this will show our readers who and what we are; hopefully readers will see the heartbeat of our publication. If you love us or hate us, at least now you'll know what makes us tick and maybe why we do all that we do.
Anyway, please read our farewells. We're trying to tell our readership something about ourselves. We hope something, even a small thing, will resonate with you, make you think or touch your heart. I guess we're just trying to make a last, positive impression on the student body we've been a part of.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR