As you may have noticed, to the left of this column is a senior farewell written by one of our seniors on The Pacer staff. You'll be seeing more of these as the semester goes by.
It occurred to me sometime in November or December that senior farewells would give The Pacer staff the space and freedom to say their final thoughts as they near graduation.
That's basically what we'll be doing on this page. All senior farewells will be labeled as a senior farewell, so you know what they are.
Now I realize that some of the other seniors who are not on staff may want to say their goodbyes. Well, send them to me and at the very least, perhaps we can put them online, given we have the space and time, and I give my approval to run it.
Other than Kalsey, there will be a farewell from some of our other seniors as well. And no need to worry, I'll be writing one, too, which I'm sure you all will be eagerly anticipating.
Even if you've never read anything else on this page in your life, please read these. It doesn't happen very often in life that you have an opportunity to announce your thoughts or ideas to the
world at large. (Or, at least, where a large section of people are likely to read it.)
I'm hoping that these guys will say something important, that they'll say what's in their hearts and souls.
I want readers to get a glimpse of their personality, a small taste of their brilliance. They really are brilliant, beautiful people, and I want other UTM students to know that, too.
I'm also hoping that they'll take the opportunity to share good things with the world. Yes, that's corny, but it's still true.
All this seems (at least to me) like an important thing to do. It's important to state what you find important, that way you, as well as everyone else, know what you value.
Hopefully all this will show our readers who and what we are; hopefully readers will see the heartbeat of our publication. If you love us or hate us, at least now you'll know what makes us tick and maybe why we do all that we do.
Anyway, please read our farewells. We're trying to tell our readership something about ourselves. We hope something, even a small thing, will resonate with you, make you think or touch your heart. I guess we're just trying to make a last, positive impression on the student body we've been a part of.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Modern-Day Party Do's and Don'ts
- Taking Care of Your Child's Eyes in Today's Digitally...
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
- Millennials Cited for Rise in ETF Popularity
- Today's Convenience Stores are Healthier and Hipper Than...
- Gadgets to Make Your Commute More Comfortable
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS