UTM welcomes Wilbert into TATS Hall of Fame
Dr. Janet Wilbert, associate professor of health and human performance at UTM, was inducted into the Tennessee Athletic Trainers' Society (TATS) Hall of Fame on Jan. 20 for her devotion to the field of athletic training.
Inclusion in the TATS Hall of Fame is reserved for those members who have worked in the state of Tennessee for a minimum of 15 years and have demonstrated "the highest level of devotion, professionalism and personal sacrifice to those they have served and cared for," according to TATS requirements.
Wilbert was an athletic trainer for 20 years before officially retiring in 2012. She joined the sports medicine staff at Methodist Hospital in McKenzie in 1994 after a move from California. She later transferred to Vanderbilt Sports Medicine in Martin and covered high school trainers' positions in Obion, Weakley and Carroll Counties.
Wilbert accepted a position as program director for UTM's athletic training education program in 2000, and has since taken many student groups to the Southeast Athletic Trainers' Association student symposium in Atlanta, Ga.
She has served TATS by participating on various committees and by serving a three-year term on the board, during which she was part of gaining increased recognition for the athletic training profession in the state of Tennessee. She was also honored with the Jerry Robertson Outstanding Educator Award in 2011 for her work with future athletic trainers.
"I am a firm believer in working hard, being involved and doing my very best," Wilbert said. "Since I began my athletic training career in Tennessee, I have worked hard to promote the profession and encourage students to pursue a career in athletic training. I was humbled to find out that my colleagues had valued my contributions over the years."
Wilbert officially retired her athletic training certificate and license in 2012. She and her husband, Jeff, have two children, Jonathan, 17, and Jacob, 14.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!