UTM welcomes Wilbert into TATS Hall of Fame
Dr. Janet Wilbert, associate professor of health and human performance at UTM, was inducted into the Tennessee Athletic Trainers' Society (TATS) Hall of Fame on Jan. 20 for her devotion to the field of athletic training.
Inclusion in the TATS Hall of Fame is reserved for those members who have worked in the state of Tennessee for a minimum of 15 years and have demonstrated "the highest level of devotion, professionalism and personal sacrifice to those they have served and cared for," according to TATS requirements.
Wilbert was an athletic trainer for 20 years before officially retiring in 2012. She joined the sports medicine staff at Methodist Hospital in McKenzie in 1994 after a move from California. She later transferred to Vanderbilt Sports Medicine in Martin and covered high school trainers' positions in Obion, Weakley and Carroll Counties.
Wilbert accepted a position as program director for UTM's athletic training education program in 2000, and has since taken many student groups to the Southeast Athletic Trainers' Association student symposium in Atlanta, Ga.
She has served TATS by participating on various committees and by serving a three-year term on the board, during which she was part of gaining increased recognition for the athletic training profession in the state of Tennessee. She was also honored with the Jerry Robertson Outstanding Educator Award in 2011 for her work with future athletic trainers.
"I am a firm believer in working hard, being involved and doing my very best," Wilbert said. "Since I began my athletic training career in Tennessee, I have worked hard to promote the profession and encourage students to pursue a career in athletic training. I was humbled to find out that my colleagues had valued my contributions over the years."
Wilbert officially retired her athletic training certificate and license in 2012. She and her husband, Jeff, have two children, Jonathan, 17, and Jacob, 14.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
- Millennials Cited for Rise in ETF Popularity
- Today's Convenience Stores are Healthier and Hipper Than...
- Gadgets to Make Your Commute More Comfortable
- How to Select the Perfect Ceiling Fan
- How to Make Dating Less Difficult Than It Has to Be
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS