UTM welcomes Wilbert into TATS Hall of Fame
Dr. Janet Wilbert, associate professor of health and human performance at UTM, was inducted into the Tennessee Athletic Trainers' Society (TATS) Hall of Fame on Jan. 20 for her devotion to the field of athletic training.
Inclusion in the TATS Hall of Fame is reserved for those members who have worked in the state of Tennessee for a minimum of 15 years and have demonstrated "the highest level of devotion, professionalism and personal sacrifice to those they have served and cared for," according to TATS requirements.
Wilbert was an athletic trainer for 20 years before officially retiring in 2012. She joined the sports medicine staff at Methodist Hospital in McKenzie in 1994 after a move from California. She later transferred to Vanderbilt Sports Medicine in Martin and covered high school trainers' positions in Obion, Weakley and Carroll Counties.
Wilbert accepted a position as program director for UTM's athletic training education program in 2000, and has since taken many student groups to the Southeast Athletic Trainers' Association student symposium in Atlanta, Ga.
She has served TATS by participating on various committees and by serving a three-year term on the board, during which she was part of gaining increased recognition for the athletic training profession in the state of Tennessee. She was also honored with the Jerry Robertson Outstanding Educator Award in 2011 for her work with future athletic trainers.
"I am a firm believer in working hard, being involved and doing my very best," Wilbert said. "Since I began my athletic training career in Tennessee, I have worked hard to promote the profession and encourage students to pursue a career in athletic training. I was humbled to find out that my colleagues had valued my contributions over the years."
Wilbert officially retired her athletic training certificate and license in 2012. She and her husband, Jeff, have two children, Jonathan, 17, and Jacob, 14.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus