Skyhawks soar past Sugar Bears
Riding the momentum from their 73-57 win over Evansville, the Skyhawks recorded their second straight win after beating the Central Arkansas Sugar Bears 64-42.
UTM took an early 14-5 lead over the Sugar Bears and never looked back. The Sugar Bears did their best to keep it close, at the end of the first half it was 28-23 in favor of UTM, but the Skyhawks outscored the Sugar Bears 44-25 in the second half. While the Skyhawks' rebounding issues showed up again it wasn't enough to stop them from bringing home the victory in impressive fashion.
Junior Guard, Jasmine Newsome, took center stage leading the Skyhawks in scoring with 25 total points, five steals, and two rebounds. She wasn't the only player who stood out Saturday afternoon. Fellow Junior Guards, Megan White and Heather Butler, totaled for 24 points. Butler also had four rebounds and three steals. White went three of eight on three-point shots, a team high.
The Sugar Bears had issues making shots all afternoon. While they had a good afternoon from the perimeter going 16 of 25 on three-point shots, they went a dismal 14 of 41 on two-point shots, and 4 of 18 on free throws.
After cruising past Central Arkansas, the Skyhawks will head to Missouri to take on the 5-2 Tigers on December 3rd. Tip-off is set for 7pm at the Mizzou Arena.
To keep up with the games, follow The Pacer on Facebook and Twitter, @thepacer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age