Bulldogs out play Skyhawks
The Samford Bulldogs pulled out a victory on the UTM Skyhawks, winning 75-62.
The Skyhawks didn't show up for the challenge Wednesday night against Samford. They seemed to be choppy and out of sync, unlike the game they played against Kennesaw State where they came back to win 65-63. Even with the combined prowess of Justin Childs, Mike Liabo and Myles Taylor, the Skyhawks couldn't keep up.
The Skyhawks kept pace with the Bulldogs in the first half, most of the time keeping it within two points of the lead. But with the opening of the second half, their stride fell. They seemed to be making a comeback in the end, but without morale behind them, they fell short.
Junior Mike Liabo was the leading scorer of the night with 33 points. He had two rebounds, three steals and four assists. Junior Justin Childs had nine points, one assist, two rebounds and two steals. Junior Myles Taylor helped with 11 points and eight rebounds. Senior Jeremy Washington added seven points to his career along with five rebounds and four assists.
The next game is an away game against Southeast Missouri. The next home game is a double header against Jacksonville State on Dec. 31 starting with the women's game at 5:30 p.m. at the Elam Center.
To keep up with the games, follow The Pacer on Facebook and Twitter, @thepacer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?