Bulldogs out play Skyhawks
The Samford Bulldogs pulled out a victory on the UTM Skyhawks, winning 75-62.
The Skyhawks didn't show up for the challenge Wednesday night against Samford. They seemed to be choppy and out of sync, unlike the game they played against Kennesaw State where they came back to win 65-63. Even with the combined prowess of Justin Childs, Mike Liabo and Myles Taylor, the Skyhawks couldn't keep up.
The Skyhawks kept pace with the Bulldogs in the first half, most of the time keeping it within two points of the lead. But with the opening of the second half, their stride fell. They seemed to be making a comeback in the end, but without morale behind them, they fell short.
Junior Mike Liabo was the leading scorer of the night with 33 points. He had two rebounds, three steals and four assists. Junior Justin Childs had nine points, one assist, two rebounds and two steals. Junior Myles Taylor helped with 11 points and eight rebounds. Senior Jeremy Washington added seven points to his career along with five rebounds and four assists.
The next game is an away game against Southeast Missouri. The next home game is a double header against Jacksonville State on Dec. 31 starting with the women's game at 5:30 p.m. at the Elam Center.
To keep up with the games, follow The Pacer on Facebook and Twitter, @thepacer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Pacer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PACER NEWS
RECENT THE PACER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...